Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Missing Transformer

We were out shopping one night and Jeremy really wanted to get a toy from the toy store. He chose a Transformer and he really loves it! He plays with it all the time and loves transforming it from jet to robot and back again. Well, one day he lost it. We were pretty sure that it was in the house somewhere, but after looking everywhere for it, it wasn't to be found. Needless to say, he was pretty sad about it.

Fast forward a couple of days and it's now Monday night and I'm looking for a good Family Home Evening lesson. You always want FHE to be good and uplifting, especially for your kids. I was really thinking hard and then I had this great idea...

I talked to Jeremy about prayer and how we can ask Heavenly Father for help, especially when we need help or something is lost that needs to be found. I brought up the missing transformer and I told Jeremy as sincerely as I could that if he prayed to find his missing transformer, Heavenly Father would help us find it.

Jeremy folded his arms and said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help him find his transformer. After he was done, he looked at me as if to say: "Okay, where is it?" That's when the panic set in and I thought: "This better work... Please let this work..." I shouldn't have doubted. I got up, walked directly over to the couch, and lifted the cushion... I'd already looked there. Several of us had looked there. Yet, there was the missing transformer.

I'm so grateful for answered prayers. I feel so frustrated with myself when I begin to doubt or lose faith. I have NO reason to... This is just one more example in my life of the countless answered prayers I've received. I just need to be stronger and stop letting my mortal reasoning limit the power of faith. Of course Heavenly Father wouldn't let this opportunity to teach my son the power of prayer go without manifesting a miracle. I had felt inspired by the desire to teach my little boy about our loving Heavenly Father and He truly was there for us. He's always there. Mark 9:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment