Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It Doesn't Get Any Better

Life gets really crazy sometimes and if that wasn't enough, it also tends to get really busy at the same time. This is probably one of those chicken vs. the egg debates of which comes first. Regardless of which triggers the other, life is busy. And when life gets busy, life gets crazy. And viceversa. Word.

Anyway, I was having one of those days. Woke up late. Got to work late. Had to work late. Got home in just barely enough time to change into my Boy Scout uniform and run out the door to the church for an Arrow of Light ceremony. The ceremony went well and even ended earlier than I thought it would, but when I got home, I was spent.

I walked into the door, not wanting anything else than to change my clothes, lay down, and forget about the day... and that's when Jeremy and Ammon ran up to meet me. Jeremy wanted to play baseball, Ammon wanted to be held. And I couldn't say no. We went outside, Ammon in one arm, my baseball glove in the other, Jeremy running with excitement, and there I was in my Scout uniform playing catch with my boys in the front yard not wanting the day to end. Seriously, it doesn't get any better. Lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. Triple "Dad of the Year" points are coming to you!!! - Mama Bear in MT

    ReplyDelete