Yeah, yeah I know. It's February and I'm only now getting to Christmas... Anyway, it was a really great one! We went up to Montana for Christmas this year and it was really nice being back with Mom and Dad and Tim at home, really nice being away from work, and best of all, really nice to be with Amber and Jeremy! We ended up coming home with a lot more than we took up, that's for sure! But that's to be expected with awesome grandparents. It's kind of funny how your perspective on Christmas changes as you get older, especially as you start having your own kids. I got such a kick out of watching Jeremy open his presents and making circles around the room from one new thing to another because he simply couldn't get enough. I got a lot of great things myself this year, like my University of Utah football jersey from Amber (a true symbol of her love for me since she likes the Y) and a backpacking water filter from Mom and Dad, but honestly, it wasn't about the presents for me this year. It was about being with my family and watching my little boy grow up a little more. Really makes me appreciate my Mom and Dad more for all they did for us growing up. Christmas was always a magical time in our house and some of the most memorable times of my life. They never disappointed and it had nothing to do with the presents themselves. The presents were simply the physical demonstration of their love for us. I've been really really blessed in my life to have great parents who are now great grandparents. And an even more amazing wife and little boy who remind me daily about what really matters and what's really important. Finally, I think I spent more time than ever before thinking about Jesus Christ this Christmas season. A lot of that has to do with my Secretary in the Elders Quorum, Jason Condie. He constantly sends me great talks, videos, quotes, and questions about Gospel topics. It really got me in the right state of mind this year. Hope everyone had a great one!
 |
| Before we left, we had Christmas with Grandma down here. Jeremy scored a Buzz Lightyear! |
The ride into the house.
How I spend my Christmas vacation...
 |
| Snowmobiling! |
Dad set up his model train on a train table build around the Christmas tree. It was so rad!
 |
| Mom and Dad's present. ;) |
 |
| Jeremy's cache. |
 |
| Amber's new boots. |
 |
| The gift of the bearded beanies! |
 |
| Tim being... Tim??? |
 |
| Merry Christmas, Al Gore. |
 |
| Jeremy honors Great Grandpa Olsen with the "Tripod Hold!" |
 |
| Feeding horses. |
 |
| Moose at the front gate! |
 |
| Grandpa and Grandma's present for Jeremy. Let the work begin! |
No comments:
Post a Comment