Today was another one of those great "Dad Moments." Jeremy and I had our first "catch" today! For some reason, he's never shown much interest in throwing things (which is a GOOD thing so far) and while he liked playing with the ball, he never really threw it to me. Today was the day, though! He would pick it with both hands and throw it to me as he yelled, "Bahhhh!" It was awesome. Whenever I think about today I think about the movie "Field of Dreams." In part of the movie, Ray confesses that while growing up he told his dad that he wouldn't play catch with him. "Can you believe it? An American boy refusing to have a catch with his dad?" he would later tell his friend. And at the end of the movie, just as his dad is about to disappear into the corn field he yells, "Dad! You wanna have a catch?" Yeah, it sounds corny, but nothing beats having a catch with your son... or your dad. I'm so grateful that I've had plenty of "catches" with my dad and I can't wait for the future ones with Jeremy.
No comments:
Post a Comment