Quote of the Moment: "If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Friday, January 6, 2012
Ugly Sweatshirt Party
It's that time of year again and we were invited to the Housholder's 2nd annual Ugly Sweater party. Once again, I ended up waiting until the day-of to find my sweater and had to search through the lame leftovers at the thrift stores. I was scouring the ladies' section at DI when they pulled out a brand new rack and I helped myself to a khaki-orange-brown gem for $3. It was good, but not knock your Grinch-Who-Stole-Christmas socks off. Then, it hit me... Seriously, the heavens opened, a light fell upon me, and revelation enveloped me from above. I knew EXACTLY what I needed for my ugly sweater... so I made a phone call to my neighbor Bill and he hooked me up with this little beaut-- ugly (under the condition I didn't defile it too much):
Go ahead, call me classless. Tell me it's not technically a sweater. But don't tell me that isn't creative! Yes, I wore a BYU "sweater" to an ugly sweater party at the home of an avid BYU fan... and took 2nd place! What? Oh yeah, I sure did! Surrounded my BYU fans, I took home the 2nd place price. What's up now? Haha.
We had a great time at the party. Great friends, great food, and great sweaters all around. We even made off pretty well at the white elephant exchange:
I'm pretty sure that satchel was handmade by the Incas and that other thing would make an awesome urn or chamber pot! So yeah, we definitely were the big winners there. Awesome night. Can't wait for next year's shindig!
No comments:
Post a Comment