Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Saturday, January 21, 2012

6 Years & Still Going Strong

That's my wife and she's HOT! And we've been married for 6 years now! Yeah. And if you think that's a lot, we've known each other for 10!!! And guess what else... every day is a new adventure and better than the day before. Pretty amazing that you can know someone for 10 years and still learn new things about them. I'm even more amazed that someone would be willing to put up with me for 10 years!

We had a wonderful anniversary. This year, we decided to buy a new couch to celebrate and redo our kitchen. No, it wasn't a fancy getaway or shiny jewelry, but it was the perfect present! I think it really represented where we are in our lives/marriage and is a culmination of everything we've done this year together. I think we did more together this year than ever before, and the kitchen project was a perfect example of that. This year, we took huge steps into making our life together our own and a lot of that has to do with improving our home. It's no longer just our house, it's our HOME. There's no where else we'd rather be or raise our family.

The couch represents Amber's patience and uniqueness. I know she's wanted a new couch for a really long time. She's been so patient to make the best with what we have and to live within our means. She's always been a great example to me of that. When I got my end-of-year bonus, that's the only thing I wanted to do with it: buy her a new couch. And it's gray. And it's beautiful. I never would have had an eye for that, but she picked the perfect one and it looks amazing. Just like her zebra print chair. Haha. I love her creativity.

We had a wonderful dinner alone together at our traditional place, and while it was so nice and enjoyable, we both really missed our boys. That's another thing I love about Amber, she's an amazing mother. We welcomed Ammon to our family in August and he's already growing too fast. But he's perfect, just like his brother Jeremy. I'm so grateful for them, and for two perfect pregnancies. We're lucky. We're blessed. Our boys are incredible.


The other thing we did for our anniversary is Amber took me to see "Sherlock Holmes 2", after weeks of me pestering her. The movie was AWESOME! If you haven't seen it, you need to go. Now. It was so so great. What the movie represents: her sacrifices for me. Yet again, she settled for a movie I wanted to see. Don't get me wrong, she loved it as much as I did. But once again, she supports me in the things I like. She's so much more patient than I deserve. And she puts up with my quirky humor, my ambitions, my wild desire to sleep outside and walk for miles with a heavy pack on exploring the outdoors, and my "unhealthy" collection of Nixon watches.

Bottom line, moral of the story, what it all boils down to, etc etc etc... I love this girl so much! Thanks for another of the best years of my life. You're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment