Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pirate Adventure

Today was one of the best days EVER! Jeremy and I were enjoying a typical Saturday afternoon when he found an empty paper towel roll as I was cleaning the kitchen and made it into a spyglass. Well, that let to him grunting out random "Arrrrrg" and "Yo ho" sounds, which led to him calling me "Captain" (I swear that wasn't my idea... but I kinda like it...), which led to drawing treasure maps... Yeah, before we knew it we were on a full-fledged pirate adventure for buried treasure!!!


I'm pretty sure we spent over an hour on the kitchen table perfecting our treasure maps and pirate flag while Jeremy kept singing "Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!" over and over and over. I put a movie on for him (a pirate cartoon of course!) while I went outside and around the house hiding clues and treasures that corresponded with our map. By the time I was finished and ready to go, he was literally bouncing up and down with excitement! We made some pirate hats out of newspaper (haven't done that in almost 20 years!), grabbed our map, and off we went in search of treasure!

We started at "Hangman's Hoop"...
And then went to "Mailman's Box" where we found...
A sword!
Next, we ran towards "Half-Dead Tree"...

Behind which we found...
A shovel for digging up buried treasure!

Next came "Jack Sparrow's Feeder" which was hiding a key!

At "Goat Flag Locker"...

We found a pirate flag!
At "Davy Jones' Food Locker" we found a sippy cup of water-flavored 'rum'.

We came across a spyglass at "Sandbox Table" and...

Found a clue left by a captured monkey!

Yes! Our pet monkey was trapped in the "Monkey Prison Baby's Cradle"!
After using a Nerf gun cannon to free the monkey, we found some goldfish at "Shadow Tree".
With all of the pirate tools we found along the way, we were prepared for the final step of our adventure: finding the buried treasure! The map led us past the small tree to the dreaded... "Gazebo Gallows" where...

X marks the spot!

The treasure chest!

Monkey keeps watch over the shovel while Jeremy pulls out the key...

And unlocks the chest to reaveal...
 
Fruit snacks!!!

And an assortment of Chinese coins and bills from Jeff and Boondocks Fun Center tokens!

Best treasure EVER! Yo ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment