So anyway, after a 6 month engagement, Tim and Tay were finally married and sealed in the Salt Lake Temple. The bottom line is, they're so happy together and they did it the right way in the right place and that was really, really awesome. I got myself another sister-in-law, which is pretty cool as well. It's been quite a journey for them and the wedding itself was a lot of work... A LOT OF WORK. But in the end, it turned out really beautiful and I think it was everything they wanted it to be. It was really neat to see two very different families come together and have a new one created. And being selfish for a moment, it's pretty special to have a Brazilian as part of my immediate family now. Who would have thought? I wish them all the best!
I think seeing the wedding of someone else, especially someone close to you, really helps you to think about your own personal wedding day and marriage. The thing that keeps popping into my head is: "Holy crap! I married my teenage sweetheart!" Or, "My best friend really truly is my wife!" And finally, "How the heck did I manage to pull this off and marry someone so far out of my league?!" In all honesty and seriousness, I can't fathom how it worked out this way. Amber is the most incredible, inspiring, and steezy person I've ever met. She makes me want to be better. She's my everything. I don't think I tell her that enough. Sometimes in the midst of life's responsibilities and trials, we tend to get distracted or forget to tell the most important people how much we really do need and appreciate them. To this day, nearly ten years since we met, I still have a hard time putting into words my feelings of love and gratitude for my wife. Why? Because the feelings are so sublime, so intense, so sacred, and so amazing that any words don't seem sufficient. You'd just have to feel it.
Tim asked me to be his Best Man and give a speech at his wedding. While the words were directed at Tim and Tay, Amber was the inspiration and the real reason for it all. Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment