Quote of the Moment: "If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Tulip Festival
After a morning of golf, I went down to Thanksgiving Point with Amber, Jeremy, and Mom to check out the Tulip Festival and, upon Jeremy's request, the big red barn with the animals. I wasn't really sure what to expect down there because I'd never been before, but it was really amazing. I couldn't believe how much area there was after you walk through the gates and the grounds were immaculate. The flowers were in full bloom and it was a beautiful day to be there. My favorite part of all was the man-made waterfall at the amphitheater. It was incredible! I actually ran into the guy who designed/made it while doing a security job a few years ago and heard all about it, but had never seen it up close. Amazing! It also helped that there were the most delicious mini doughnuts right there as well. They were legit. Then we had some lunch at a little cafe place and checked out the animals, which Jeremy loved. We all had a great time.
Entering the "Secret Garden"
This goose totally made its roost on the top of a wall!
Male sees female. Male displays plumage. Female avoids male. Fail.
No comments:
Post a Comment