Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Peep My Crew: Mom

So I've decided to do a little spotlight on some of my nearest and dearest, my Crew. I've asked each of them to tell a little about how they met me, some funny experiences, and I'll give a little insight on them as well. I've been really blessed in my life to be surrounded by great people who have helped me more than I could ever express, and they make it amazing to be me! So they deserve a shout out. Peep my Crew!

*****

My mom, a.k.a. Momma Bear, is amazing. She's always been there for me and my brother, even when she may have felt like she wasn't. Mom worked throughout our childhood and even though she was just downstairs in the office with dad, we always knew it was tough for her. But I never ever felt like she wasn't there. On the contrary, she was ALWAYS there. Mom grew up with 4 older brothers, so she had to be pretty tough. Then she had two boys, and counting dad she was outnumbered again. Add in the fact that she lives in the mountains of Montana in one of the most unique lifestyles imaginable, and she's tough as nails. But she's also soft, gentile, and kind. That's why I look up to her so much. She's always been our biggest sponsor throughout the years, whether it be snowboarding, missions, backpacking, or just life in general. Now, she's the greatest grandma any boy could ask for. Even though I'm coming up on 27, she still sends me little packages of toys, candy, or things that remind her of me or things she thinks I'll enjoy. I hope that never changes. Finally, my mom taught me the Gospel. She's a living example of Alma 56:48. I owe my mom so much, even my life. I love you so much, Mom.

How long have you known me?
All your life!

How did we meet?
At the Presbyterian Hospital, Oklahoma City, OK.

What's something funny that has happened between us?
You make me laugh (from good things) all the time! What first comes to mind is some of the off-the-wall comments of that certain member of our branch, initials: WZ.

What's your favorite memory we share?
The "miles stones" in your life: Eagle Scout, Priesthood advancements, mission call and experience, your marriage, the birth of your son -- my first grandchild!!! The car trips we took when Dad was gone (Butte, Bozeman, Utah...)

Any words of wisdom?
Be worthy of your many blessings and live to achieve your divine potential -- Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

No comments:

Post a Comment