Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Monday, December 13, 2010

Texas Trip

I had the opportunity in October to go down to Texas with my brother-in-law, Rob, to see David, Sharee, and their family. It's only been 10 months since David's baptism, but he's already receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood. He's such a stud! We flew down on Friday morning and went to the Air Force base with David where he showed us around and took us to see the planes and where he instructs. We even got to do a flight simulator! I gave myself the call sign "Ace" because I landed my jet on the runway the first try and didn't die. I credit my natural piloting abilities to watching "Top Gun" so many times! (Charlie: "What were you doing up there, Captain?" Maverick: "Communicating." Charlie: "Communicating?" Goose: "Yeah, you know? The bird?") After we were done being "Naval Aviators" we spend the evening around the house playing with Taylor, Zach, and Beth.





The next morning we woke up early and went golfing for 18 holes and it was so great. David even treated us as birthday presents! (I told you the guy was amazing!) Rob won the round, but it came down to the last hole and I would have had him if I could have placed my wedge onto the green... Oh well. I was pretty stoked that I had multiple 300+ yard drives! Boom baby!We went home after and made some videos in the back yard, which you should check out in the next post. (Note: No real children were harmed in the making of these videos.)




Sunday, we went to Church and had a wonderful meeting there. I always enjoy going to wards outside of Utah because the Spirit is so unique and strong there. It takes me back to my youth growing up in the small wards and branches of Montana. When it came time to give David the Priesthood, the Spirit was so strong and it was such an incredible experience. He was truly chosen and foreordained before this life to receive this Priesthood power and he's such an example to me of worthiness, dedication, and righteousness. I'm just so glad to have been a part of this journey with him and to be a part of this great family. Not many can say they have such great in-laws...




The rest of the day was spent lounging around the house, taking naps, making more videos (again, see the next post!), playing with the kids, and watching football. Rob and I were pretty much treated like kings and had such a great time that it was hard to leave. But we were excited to head home and see our families. We took off the next morning and flew home and somebody was pretty excited to me when we got to the airport!



No comments:

Post a Comment