Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
The Temple
Our friends the Moodys had their baby recently and we went up to the hospital in Bountiful to see them one night. On the way there, Jeremy saw the Bountiful Temple up on the hillside and said, "Temple! Go to the temple, daddy!" To appease him, we said we would go after we saw the baby, without any real intentions of going up there. After we were done with our visit, we walked out into the parking lot and Jeremy looked up the hill, pointed to the glowing white building, and asked, "We go to temple now, daddy?" I looked at Amber, she looked at me, and we decided that since it was getting late, we'd just try to get in the truck and avoid answering the question. Well, the excitement in his voice soon turned to tears in his eyes as he cried to "go to the temple." I finally stopped being so stubborn and we turned around and drove up the hill. As we got out of the truck, Jeremy was so excited and happy to be at the temple! We passed lots of people in suits, ties, and dresses on our way up the parking lot in our jeans and jackets, but there was just something special about being there that night with Jeremy. We walked around the building several times and explained several more times that we couldn't go inside until he was older. But the Spirit was just as strong outside with my family together than it would have been inside. I love going to the temple. But when was the last time I cried out because I wanted to go so bad? When was the last time I was as excited as Jeremy to get out of the car and be able to go inside the House of the Lord? He's a really special boy, I've never doubted that. But it still blows my mind that I have so much to learn about the simple and important things of life and that he's teaching me so much...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment