Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Monday, August 9, 2010

Free Lunch

So there's this old Cambodian saying that goes something like: "There's no such thing as a free lunch." Okay, so it's probably not Cambodian, but whoever came up with it, they obviously don't know my new friend, Elma. You see, Elma needed a security system so I went and installed it for her. She got the works, so it took most of the day. Around lunch time, I needed to run back to the office for some parts and on my way out the door, she asked if I would like some lunch. I told her she didn't need to do that. She told me, "What do you like on your sandwich?" It was a losing battle on my end and I was hungry, so I obliged her. When I got back, this was waiting for me: (see picture). She freaking cut my sandwiches corner-to-corner and wrapped them individually in waxed paper! I'm talking LEGIT! There were fudge cookie sticks and cheese slices too. And an apple. Not just any apple, either. It was one of those "hy-bred" apples that are like grape-apples! Yeah. She's a doll. So here's to you and your waxed-paper-wrapped-sandwich kindness, Elma. Shout out!

1 comment:

  1. This is the greatest story I have heard in a very long time!

    ReplyDelete