Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Jeremy's Hand

Well, we had quite the scare this week. On Thursday, Amber was getting ready for work and had her flat iron on her vanity, up out of reach (or so we thought). Jeremy pulled himself up on the vanity and reached his hand up and grabbed onto Amber's flat iron! Needless to say, he was immediately howling in pain. Poor little guy was crying for hours. He didn't want to be held or touched, but didn't want to be put down either. He wouldn't sleep, he wouldn't play, he was just hurting. He didn't even want to play in his pool. Thankfully he finally calmed down when Amber went to get some burn medicine and came back with toys as well. (When all else fails, bribery is the best policy!) It was just so hard to see him, so small and innocent, hurting so badly. And the worst part was that there was nothing I could do to take away the pain. When I called my dad to tell him about it, he said something really interesting. He said, "Well, you cried when you touched hot things too. But you didn't do it anymore. You LEARNED." As much as I don't want Jeremy to hurt, he needs to learn. There's a song by The Spill Canvas called "Appreciation and the Bomb" that has a line that goes, "If there's one thing I've learned, it's that we never feel the heat, until we get burned." Such is life at times. Sucks to get burned. Sucks to fail. But as my friend Bill once said so eloquently, "I have no regrets in life. Because as long as I learned from it, I don't regret it."

Well, the little man had some pretty intense blisters on his hand. So we wrapped him up and put a little mitten on his hurt paw. Of course, I talk about "learning from getting burned," but I guess I STILL haven't learned because I went golfing Saturday and didn't bother to put on sunscreen and... well, you'll see down below.

Jeremy's poor hand. He had blisters on his three middle fingers.

Nothing a little mitten, froggy slippers, and a sippy cup won't fix.

Jeremy "The Mit" Olsen. Still crawling, though!

Now THAT is a "farmer's tan!"

No comments:

Post a Comment