Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Camp Out... Kind Of
So last night, Jeremy woke up around 2:00 A.M.. It should be noted that he has always been a fantastic sleeper and has slept through the night for months now! (Yes, we thank our lucky stars daily) Well, he had a really hard time going back to sleep and ended up in our bed. That would have been fine except he kept flopping around and rolling on Amber and wouldn't lay still and sleep in one position! So back to the crib he went... except he started bawling and wouldn't sleep alone. So in order to give Amber some rest, I took a blanket and pillow into his room and "camped out" on the floor with the little guy. He kept flopping and rolling in and out of sleep for a good two hours before finally finding an agreeable position around 4:30, so I didn't sleep much. But as I laid there awake, I couldn't help but smile as he snuggled into me. Any time I moved away and he didn't feel me touching him, he woke up and cried until I put my arm around him and told him, "Daddy's here. It's okay." Yeah, I missed a night of sleep. But I had a wonderful night with my son. It was again, one of the "good ol' moments" in life that you can't put a price on and wouldn't trade for anything. And somehow this morning, I wasn't that tired. I know that he'll continue to grow and will have other nights of bad dreams and no sleep. And some day he may not want to snuggle up to Dad anymore... but he and I will always have last night. And he'll always know, no matter how big he gets or how far apart we may be, that Dad will always be here and that it's okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment