Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Monday, December 19, 2011

Peep My Crew: Sam

So I've decided to do a little spotlight on some of my nearest and dearest, my Crew. I've asked each of them to tell a little about how they met me, some funny experiences, and I'll give a little insight on them as well. I've been really blessed in my life to be surrounded by great people who have helped me more than I could ever express, and they make it amazing to be me! So they deserve a shout out. Peep my Crew!

*****

This would be Sam, a.k.a. "Samwise Gamgee", a.k.a. "Samuel L. Blotter", a.k.a. "Raccoon". Sam was hired on at work to help out for a few months before going on his mission and he's just one of those straight-up good guys. What started out as hired help turned into quite the roller coaster of near-death experiences, knife fights, inside jokes, and a Yellowcard concert. Oh, and every once and a while we got some work done too. I probably subjected Sam to more of my "life lessons" than he ever cared to know about and I'm pretty sure he didn't believe half the things I said to him... (Probably a good idea.) Despite all that, we had many a great chat about life, girls, Church, and more. Also, this guy is a movie junkie and might be the only person who knows more movie lines than me. We crawled through attics, learned never to trust anyone named "Chuck", ate at about every Costa Vida along the Wasatch Front, and survived the infamous Beto's Breakfast Burrito! I watched him give his farewell talk and I gotta say, I'm gonna miss this guy. Ended up getting pretty attached to him after all... Nothing but love and respect for you, homie. You take care out there and enjoy your time in the Philippines. And don't make me come all the way out there to bury you in satin! Sharp knife, short life. Peace and love.

How long have you known me?
About 8 months all together I'd say.

How did we meet?
Work. I believe our first conversation was with Jeff. I said something offensive about how he wasn't married yet. :)

What's something funny that has happened between us?
Funny experience, eh? Hmm... "I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt!" or... "Didn't smell that one coming!" (alternate ending to Harry Potter we made up referencing Voldemort's nose, or lack thereof) or... "Occlumency. Look it up." or... the creepy 17 year old from Costa Vida in Pleasant Grove. (Good save, Arturo!) or... the Pizza Hut in Brigham City! or... killing the killer wasps at the storage units! or... "Give 'em the salt n' peppa!" or... "I feel... I feel... I feel happy of myself! I feel happy of yourself too!" :D I think that about does it.

What's your favorite memory we share?
Sharp knife = short life. After all, you know what they say...

Any words of wisdom?
If I die young, bury me in satin. Lay me down on a bed of roses. Sink me in the river, at dawn, and send me away with the words of a love song. :D Be Strong, BELIEVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment