Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Jimmer

Yeah, yeah, I know. You don't have to say anything. Look, it's no secret that I have a strong, healthy dislike and loathing the "Team Down South," a.k.a. BYU. That being said, I have to be honest: I've been captivated by "The Jimmer." Now that the NCAA tournament is over, I can't help but give him a shout out. The kid is freaking BEAST on the court. Just watching a couple of games, I kept thinking "Wow!" over and over again. The real reason that I'm on the bandwagon, though: his humility. Even after making a 30+ foot shot, there's no popping his jersey, staring someone down, cocky swagger back up the court... He rarely even does a fist pump! Just 100% class. And that's the biggest reason why you can't help but pull for the kid. Yeah, his story is pretty unique, his skill is incredible, but it's his humility and sportsmanship, two things lacking from sports and society nowadays, that make me love to follow Jimmer Fredette. Pretty amazing to see someone like that transcend the Utah-BYU rivalry and captivate the country like he did for several months. Not only that, but he lived up to the hype and stayed true the whole time. As for the rest of the team, they could lose every game for all I care, as long as Jimmer threw up 30 points or so. Haha. Anyway, I couldn't help giving credit where credit is due. BYU still sucks, but Jimmer is pretty steezy. Besides, I really liked this photo and had to find a way to post it somehow...

No comments:

Post a Comment