Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Peep My Crew: Jeff

So I've decided to do a little spotlight on some of my nearest and dearest, my Crew. I've asked each of them to tell a little about how they met me, some funny experiences, and I'll give a little insight on them as well. I've been really blessed in my life to be surrounded by great people who have helped me more than I could ever express, and they make it amazing to be me! So they deserve a shout out. Peep my Crew!

*****

Ladies and gentlemen, especailly LADIES, this is my cousin and my best friend, Jeff, a.k.a J.Roy, a.k.a. Big Casino, a.k.a. J-Style. He's one of the Founding 3 of theBRIGADE and probably the most quotable guy I know. It's hard to think of anything that Jeff and I HAVEN'T done or been through together! It's funny because when we were real young I hung out a lot more with his older brother, Mike, yet we always had the same Ghostbusters and Ninja Turtle toys and somewhere along the way, we became best bros. I owe Jeff a lot. He's the one who got me into snowboarding. I even have my job because of him. And I'm pretty sure I'd be lying dead in Dark Canyon without him. Whether backpacking, shredding pow, surviving EFY, enjoying some fresh HC, or battling in a killer pong sesh, Jeff's always got my back and I've got his. I don't think any words I could say would truly express how much he means to me, but I know he knows. Word, dude.

How long have you known me?
25 1/2 years (to the day!)

How did we meet?
In Montana maybe? I don't know.

What's something funny that has happened between us?
Oh man, too many... There was the time when our EFY councilor thought we were sleeping together, or the time when we went to Classic Skating and I pretended to be "Robert" with a speech impediment, or the time when we had to make an emergency stop at the gas station outside Logan, or the time when...

What's your favorite memory we share?
Our attempt at Dark Canyon. Easily the most trying experience in the outdoors I've ever had and I probably would have died out there if you hadn't been there.

Any words of wisdom?
Take one from your quote book that you made of the things I've said.

(One of my most recent favorites: "I'm done pursuing girls, dude. It's all about The Game!" - Jeff Treft)

No comments:

Post a Comment