Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Monday, June 21, 2010

Elder's Quorum Campout

A few weekends ago, we organized a camp out up to Brad Bentley's family's cabin in Monte Cristo for the Elders Quorum and their families. We actually had a great turnout. I only sound surprised because it was POURING rain all day on Friday. We all had a good time, though. Almost everyone slept inside the cabin and it was great that we had the space to accommodate everyone. Amber and Jeremy were troopers and joined me out in the tent. Even though it was raining most of the night, we stayed cozy, warm, and dry. It was actually a pretty good night's sleep until about 5:00 a.m. when the wind picked up. And when I say it picked up, I really mean that it was howling. Haha. I woke up once and the tent was practically flat on top of us! But everyone felt better after having an awesome breakfast of eggs, bacon, pancakes, and fruit. I'd definitely call it a success. We even hit a wild turkey on the way home! We weren't going fast enough to hurt it, but it was pretty surprising because I'd never seen a wild turkey before!

No comments:

Post a Comment