
I don't know what the deal is, but apparently I'm really hard on my
iPhones. The first one last about 2 months until one day it completely froze up. I took it to the Apple Store and no sweat, here's a new one. This one lasted just over a week before the silencing switch snapped off.

A gentle reprimand from the Apple Genius, but again, new phone. #3 had the longest run of all! I've had it for a good 8 months at least. That is, until a few weeks ago it too started down the sad road of malfunction. It started with the
iPod randomly skipping songs and
trippin out. Then it was the screen blanking out every so often. Then the volume wouldn't work, I wouldn't be able to answer calls, it would shut itself off... So after putting it off for over a week, I finally scheduled my appoint back to the Apple Store. Unfortunately for me, I was about 15 minutes late and missed my appointment. The appointment lady told me that even though it was 5:15, the next appointment wasn't until 7:10! Bugger! Well, I didn't want to drive down there for nothing, so I decided to wait at least until my one hour of free parking expired. I waited and waited and waited... No breaks to let me in. I almost left about 5 times, but something kept telling me I should just wait until my hour was up. Well, just as I was about to leave, the schedule lady told me I could squeeze in! I explained to the Genius what was going on and instead of trying to sort it out, he said he'd just snag another one for me after checking my warranty. He pulls up the serial number, moves closer to the screen, eye brows raise, and says: "Did you know today was the last day of your warranty?" I had NO idea whatsoever!! So I left with a new, and my last, free iPhone. Talk about lucky... The funny thing was that right after I found out I'd missed my appointment, I sent the following text to Amber: "What's up with my luck lately?!" Guess it's not so bad after all... Here's hoping #4 is gritty! So far so good after Jeremy dropped it on the floor after talking to Grandpa and Grandma... (Don't worry, it was in its protective case!)
No comments:
Post a Comment