With school starting back up, I seem to be finding my evenings and "blog time" a lot more cluttered... That being said, I give you the week that was:
Sunday, Jan. 24: We actually had a visit from Elder Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve come to our stake for a special stake conference. Wow. It was amazing! I still can't get over his incredible testimony of Jesus Christ. One of the most impressive parts of the meeting, however, was his apostolic blessing from the pulpit. He blessed all who were attending and those for whom we pray for. That's a LOT of people. My thoughts turned immediately to a young man in our ward with cancer and also a dear friend going through a divorce. I've prayed a lot for them recently and now they've received a blessing from an apostle. Pretty heavy... in a good way.
I just realized that's pretty much the only thing I have a specific day for. Haha. So the rest will be mushed together.
Jeff is now off on his latest adventure, this time to the Philippines, Thailand, China, and wherever else he decides to go. I'm stoked for him. It should be a great experience! Nothing compared to our trips of course. ;) I guess part of me thought of how it would have been awesome to join him, but honestly I can say I can't be any happier than I am here. I really REALLY love being at home with my family. And that's an awesome and priceless feeling... I'm lucky to have that and I know it.
Tim also is gone this weekend as he is in Cali visiting his mission. I love him to death and it's been great having him here in our home, but it is nice to have just the three of us again. I do miss his mad breakfast-making skills, though...
Colby and I went and got our Pinewood Derby car kits a couple nights ago. I'm super stoked for the Derby. Feb. 20, baby! Gonna be steezy. I've settled on doing a Jeep style vehicle with snowboard rack and wench. Not sure how that will help me win, though. I guess some things never change as I am once again going for style over victory, but hey, that's how I roll. As Dad would say, "If you look good, you ARE good!" Word.
What's up with the Jazz lately?! They're actually winning... ON THE ROAD! I'm not a super over-the-top, live-or-die Jazz fan, but I can't help but get sucked in. Hope they can keep it up!
School has been going really well. It's so nice to have only one class on campus and have all of my online class assignments not due until April!! Hey-oh! We watched a really messed-up movie in there this week, though. We're talking about cultural issues in Latin America and this documentary was about mining in Bolivia. It was following a 14-year-old kid who worked in the mines... who'd been there since he was ten. I won't go into details, but it was heavy. One of those moments that reminds you how good you really have it.
Jeremy is talking up a storm. I can't believe how quickly he's changing lately. I love that he says "yeah" and "no" to things-- especially since there are more "yeah's" than "no's." I really love my family. Dang. Amber and Jeremy, you rock my world.
Well, that's it for now. I'm gonna post a couple of videos as well. Peace and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment