
We had a fantastic Christmas this year. Honestly, I was pretty worried about how everything would go down with Amber's dad passing way last year at this time, but it turned out to be amazing! We had Amber's family in town from Texas and Alabama and it was great to spend time with them since we don't see them very often. It definitely made for a full house at Amber's mom's house!! We had a full house here too, though. Mom and Dad came down from Montana for the weekend and it was so nice to be together as a family for Christmas for the first time in over two years with Tim now being home from his mission. Christmas has always been a very special and happy time in our family and I'm so glad that this year continued that tradition. We've been so blessed in our lives and there's nothing better than sharing these blessings with family and friends. Amber made an incredible

dinner for us the night mom and dad got here. It was AWESOME! Mini corn dogs, chips, dips, fruit pizza, chicken pillows, little smokies... so many goodies I can't even keep track of them all! The house smelled sooooo good and the food didn't disappoint! It was incredible! Thanks, Amber!!! We had Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve morning and it was great. Mom and Dad continue to spoil us incredibly, but nobody came close to beating Jeremy for presents! ;) He had a great time opening his presents. His big surprise was a Lil Tike's truck. It looks just like his dad's and he loves to sit in it! Even I didn't think it'd be such a huge hit! And anything that keeps him entertained more than 15 minutes is great in our book. Ha ha. We spent Christmas Eve with Amber's fam

ily and it was a very sweet and thoughtful evening. I don't know if I'll ever not get torn up when I think about Amber's dad reading the Bible to us on Christmas Eve, but her brother Rob did a great job in dad's place and you could definitely feel his spirit there. I just can't get over how lucky I am to have two sets of amazing parents who love us so much... Christmas day was another great day. We spent the morning with Amber's family and got together later for a great dinner! I don't think anything could have been better. It's pretty amazing how the Lord sends his Spirit to comfort us in difficult times and in ways we may not even notice. I'm so grateful for amazing family and friends. Makes the ride through life's slopes that much more enjoyable. Merry Christmas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment