Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Monday, July 20, 2009

Amber's Salon (Artistic Expressions)

Well at long last Amber's salon is finished! I'm soooo stoked on it. It was quite the project for sure, but it was definitely worth it. And all things considered, it went pretty quick. The best part was that I got to spend plenty of time in my steezy shop putting things together, cutting things apart, and getting lots of use out of my tools. I really have to hand it to Amber. She had a vision of what she wanted and she got it. I think all of us kinda wondered what she was thinking at first, but in a good way. She was able to look at a drab utility room and see a beautiful hair studio. I will take cred for the name though: "Artistic Expressions." (Nailed it!) So here's some pics with a little play-by-play commentary...

The view as you walk into the door. Nice!

Amber's station. I made the shelf. Yeah, I'm pretty proud of myself.

Opposite corner. Posh.

The sink. This thing was a beast to put in. Glad that is over! Turned out good though.

The door. Yeah, everything was going so well... until the door was bigger than the opening even though it's the same size as the old one?!? That's okay. The saws-all took care of that. Gnarly!

Nothing like an inspirational quote to get you stoked. Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment