Quote of the Moment:
"If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Amber's Birthday

Today is Amber's 24th birthday! Unfortunately, I had to wake up early to go to work today, but she was such a good sport! She woke up at 6:30 for me so I could see her open her birthday present. (I guess a room full of pink balloons and a dozen roses makes 6:30 seem not as early as it really is!) I got her a new camera because our old one finally died for good. It was so cute to see her carry it around with her all day and take tons of pictures! Glad I picked something good. ;) Sounds like she had a good day though. And the best part is that the festivities are just beginning! We both have the day off tomorrow and are planning on going to see a movie, go to the Gateway, and just enjoy having a day together with NO WORK! It's so amazing to think that we've known each other as long as we have and that we've been able to spend so many wonderful birthdays together! This would be number 9!! Time really flies. And the coolest thing is that I still look at her and think: "Wow. I'm SO lucky to be with her!" I guess it just goes to show that sometimes "even a blind squirrel gets the girl." Or is it "wins the race?" Doesn't matter. We've come a long way from the two infatuated 16 year olds that met that magical summer 9 years ago... but at the same time, not much has changed. She's still my best friend and my inspiration for everything. I'm so glad she's put up with my nonsense and stuck with me through the hard times, making the good that much better. I love you, baby! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment